Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DIY Pallet Wood Shelves

 Wow I can't believe how this summer has flown by! If anyone noticed I did not post once, I have been supper busy with my kids being home and lots of projects going on. I think with the kids starting school I might be able to start blogging again. I hope to post at least once a week.
 I want to show you one project I did this summer and has been in the back of my mind for a while. Every time I walked into the laundry room I would think "I need to do something with that space. So I decided on some shelves to tie the cabinets together. I have lots of pallet wood around so that was what I decided to use.



 Sorry about the lighting in these pictures, it was really hard to photograph with no natural light. 


 Here's the before. I made the hanger and put it up than I decided to take pictures. Well, as you can see it still needed something.






The shelves were quite simple to make. For each shelf I took two pieces of pallet wood and attached them together like I did for this  shelf



You can see here how I attached the shelves to the cabinets, with another piece of pallet wood cut at an angle. I pre-drilled holes  and screwed the piece to the cabinets.


With just a little effort, I got great results! The only thing I bought were the screws. I just love the satisfaction I get when I complete a project! Let me know what you think.



 
Pin It

2 comments: